Embracing our Little Red Rule, which is “Every time we touch people’s lives, they will feel FUNomenal™!” Our Flyers, which is what we call our employees, are proud to be a part of a highly collaborative Team where peers make one another feel FUNomenal™ at work while achieving collective goals, giving and receiving feedback, and having FUN! Flyers are aligned with our vision, mission & values, see the direct impact they have on the company, and feel valued for their work.
The many workspaces in our LEED Platinum-Certified HQ support collaboration, including an open-office concept where leaders sit amongst team-members, “Engine Room” for brainstorming, conference rooms named after iconic Radio Flyer products, a big backyard for daily lunches and summer socials, and walking meetings on our ¼ mile nature path. Flyers love the creative inspiration that this environment brings.
Our brand and our products are all about love, giving love, moments of love and the memories that result. Radio Flyer’s vision is the foundation for all we do. Flyers are all-in on our vision. Prior to accepting a job at Radio Flyer we actually beg Flyers not to take a job with us unless they believe this will be the best job they’ve ever had. We do this because we want them to confidently commit, and we believe that with commitment and creativity anything is possible.
Our Vision: We believe that Radio Flyer can be a force of good and that anything is possible with creativity and commitment. We will:
• Do our part to imagine and build a better world
• Be recognized as one of the best & most loved companies
• Achieve our Mission and live our Values
Our Mission is to bring smiles to kids of all ages and to create Warm Memories that last a lifetime. Flyers witness our Mission in action when they see the joy that Radio Flyer products bring families around the world. During all-company meetings, leadership shares stories from consumers to connect Flyers to our mission and they experience second-hand the love that our consumers feel when Radio Flyer touches their lives.
We recently earned B Corp Certification as a leader in the global movement for an inclusive, equitable, and regenerative economy. Flyers believe deeply in our commitment to designing a more sustainable and socially responsible future.
Celebrating individual differences, promoting dialogue, and seeking input from all. 99% of Flyers say “My manager creates a climate where people can voice their opinions and ideas and be heard.” That’s how we roll. Leaders ask for input and Flyers use their voice, strengthening the ideas and results of organization. Part of Radio Flyer’s mission is a “relentless commitment to build a great diverse team,” and here are just a few ways Flyers contribute their feedback to maintain a culture of belonging.
• We seek anonymous feedback through employee engagement surveys, Suggestion Box, and Ethics Box
• Flyers attend monthly Company Meetings to learn about business updates and company sales, to demonstrate transparency and seek Flyers’ questions and ideas
• Parent Panels serve as effective resource groups to share ideas to support working parents
• CPO Roundtables, hosted by the Chief People Officer, encourage new hires to use their voice to provide input on processes and build connections
• We have facilitated cross-departmental brainstorming to encourage all employees to contribute ideas to business challenges.
• The Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging Committee sends monthly emails to support Flyers’ self-education and dialogue on diversity-related topics, such as microaggressions, allyship, and intersectionality
• We amplify the voices of members of underrepresented communities through hosting Community Conversations, where we invite guest speakers and Flyers to share their stories to support the LGBTQ+, Black, Veteran, and Neurodivergent communities
Including Flyers in the process and expecting them to grow with us! Every Flyer, regardless of role, writes their own goals annually and creates a personal development goal to improve a skill or gain knowledge. At our annual Strategy & Goals meeting, we share our goals and get feedback from fellow Flyers, learning more about the work of our peers to support future collaboration.
Radio Flyer hires lifelong learners and we love providing opportunities formally and informally to learn and teach others through our professional development series called Wagon U. Every year, our Chief People Officer and Senior Leaders lead over 50 learning engagements centered around training and development. We have an entire series dedicated to assimilating our new hires, helping them understand how we lead our business functions, teaching them core values of our culture, and building belonging. During this program, new Flyers equip themselves with tools to “Build Their Best Career” at Radio Flyer. We also offer a Wagon U leadership development series, to build skills and provide tools that help Flyers coach and develop others.
Flyers wrote our FLYER Code, which are the company values we live by:
F – FUNatical Customer Service
L – Live With Integrity
Y – Yes I Can
E – Excellence in Everything
R – Responsible for Success
Our values are integrated into all we do. During selection, we communicate our values and look for people who demonstrate them. They are taught throughout assimilation through Wagon U, VMV Committee’s new hire lunches, and in daily conversation. They are reinforced during the performance reviews as each Flyer receives a rating on each value to identify ways to improve. And, we celebrate Flyers who demonstrate our values at the highest level with the coveted Little Red Rule award.
As part of our FUNomenal™ Culture on Purpose, we are committed to our internal Little Red Rule, which is, “Every time we touch Flyers’ lives, they will feel FUNomenal™ (a combination of joy and excellence).” Flyers have a deep love for one another, our community, the Earth and the world around them. They each bring individual passions to work, and we support this through our Committees. We have 9 Flyer-led Committees that support our purpose-driven culture, and each create special initiatives that improve our world and build our internal community of belonging. Some examples include:
• Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging’s Slice of My Life story-sharing event builds deeper connections through vulnerability and trust
• Smile Squad organizes SMILE Days throughout the year and on National MLK Day of Service
• Wellness Committee’s Summer Active Challenge promotes fitness and camaraderie
• The EcoFlyers Committee plants and harvests fresh veggies for Flyers in our Little Green Garden
• Warm Memories Committee celebrates milestones like weddings and new babies, making us feel warm and fuzzy inside
Our recognition programs are unique and meaningful. Whether we are passing shiny Gold Wagons to a peer, bestowing a brilliant red cape on the next Captain FUNomenal, honoring a Flyer’s safety practices by giving them the Big Red Safety Hard Hat, or popping confetti when announcing our Little Red Rule Award winner, Flyers feel FUNomenal™ when their hard work is recognized.
Additionally, we feel the love when we celebrate annual events here. Flyers invite their families to our Anniversary BBQ hosted in our backyard, the costume contest every Halloween is a spectacle, and Take Our Kids to Work Day is so much fun at a toy company!
Demonstrating a steadfast commitment to Radio Flyer. Our “Chief Wagon Officer,” Robert Pasin, is the grandson of Radio Flyer founder Antonio Pasin. As the leader of this third-generation family-owned business, Robert’s passion is the foundation for our success. Here’s a story Robert shares often about Radio Flyer:
“When I was 5 years old, my dad took me to work with him for the first time and I remember that day like it was yesterday. Walking into the front entrance of the building, climbing the stairs, saying hello to people while tightly gripping my dad’s big hand. Walking around the factory with the loud noises of punch presses, the smell of grease & paint, and seeing all of those shiny new red wagons on the conveyor line— it seemed like some kind of giant magical Rube Goldberg machine cranking out Little Red Wagons and sending them into the world to bring joy to families. That’s the moment that I fell in love with Radio Flyer. I fell in love with the creative process of transforming materials like steel and paint and rubber into delightful toys. I fell in love with the idea that a wagon could become anything a child imagined it to be. I fell in love with the potential of what Radio Flyer could become.”
Robert leads the Senior Leadership Team to promote a culture of transparency and care for each Flyer who works here, through offering supportive benefits, sharing business results, and seeking feedback to take our company from great to FUNomenal™, which is our word for “a unique blend of excellence and joy.”
Just to name a few…
• In addition to our vacation, sick time, STD and paid time off, we have an inclusive Family Care benefit, offering 6 weeks of PTO for extended care of a sick or injured family member,
• Free HMO Health Insurance in addition to two other medical plans
• $300 CASH for Wellness Reimbursement
• $300 CASH reimbursement for miles biked to work
• Generous parental leave & benefits (up to 16 weeks paid leave, + 4 weeks transition time, in-network fertility services, $5,000 adoption assistance, Parent Peer Groups for support)
• 3 Paid VTO Days annually
• Generous vacation and 2 floating holidays annually
• 401k match + generous profit sharing program
• Daily $ food subsidy for our onsite Farmer’s Fridge for healthy meals, snacks and breakfast
• Annual Wellness Morning has free 37 panel test, flu shot & healthy breakfast
Radio Flyer is a third-generation, family-owned company with a mission of bringing smiles to children and families while creating warm memories that last a lifetime. Radio Flyer’s passion for product design began over 100 years ago, with founder Antonio Pasin. Today, led by Antonio’s grandson Robert Pasin, the Chicago-based toy and electric bike company has over 100 award-winning products available around the globe. As a certified B Corporation, Radio Flyer continues to build its legacy by leading the business with innovation, building one of the best workplaces in the nation, providing world-class customer service, and implementing sustainability initiatives that improve our world for future generations.
6515 W Grand Avenue, Chicago IL 60707
0 - 1000