Collaboration is one of our core values. We keep it alive by
1. Utilizing various subject matter experts to solve problems
2. Including all departments in project working groups
3. Recognizing that our work is interdisciplinary in nature as it spans medicine and technology
4. Living all our values, which includes holding each other accountable, prioritizing a culture of inclusion and diversity, collaborating across teams in a way that ensures we all achieve success, being attentive to and taking action on ideas that can lead to innovation and, last but not least, having fun!
COTA’s vision and purpose are both noble and grand. The work we do is pioneering. With great leadership, our team works passionately to realize our vision. As awareness of COTA grows and our capabilities push to the forefront of the market, today, more than ever, we can see the impact we are making in the space and how our high-quality work has become preferred by our customers and partners. The growth in awareness and preference gives us hope that our work is truly making a difference and will be instrumental in seeing the change we strive for daily in cancer care.
Our people team has worked hard to establish a culture of feedback. What does that mean to us? Feedback is encouraged and we solicit it from everyone in the company about nearly everything we do. We also make sure to respond to feedback and incorporate it into our decision making wherever possible.
Our executive team is hungry to hear the feedback of our team members and constantly ask for insight into the sentiment of the company. COTA respects the points of view, expertise and experience of our employees and understands our team represents what is actually happening in our day-to-day business.
Though COTA is a small company, we are doing groundbreaking, innovative, complex work and are constantly in learning and discovery mode. Our team works together to solve major problems in the oncology space, and this develops them skill wise, professionally and personally. COTA provides our employees with many opportunities for growth beyond their role through exposure to all areas of the business. Departing employees often credit their qualification for a more demanding role to the growth and development opportunities that COTA afforded them during their time with us. We are honored to impact our team’s careers within and after COTA.
Our values were chosen by our employees, making them a true reflection of our team. Our people team, leadership team and all employees work diligently every day to keep our values alive in our culture. Our values play a big role in every aspect of our business. How we handle recruiting, employee performance, customer satisfaction, and vendor engagement all reflect the values that our employees chose to describe the type of company they want to be a part of.
At COTA we have the following ongoing programming in place:
1. An impactful, employee-led Diversity and Inclusion committee
2. Educational lunch and learns where experts (oncologists, researchers, investors and patients) come in and educate us on various topics to help us have a better understanding of our work’s impact.
3. Mentoring from leaders in the company
4. Annual in-person, companywide conference
5. Monthly Town halls showcasing our employees, departments teams and work
6. Companywide standup meetings to gather and share/hear the latest about COTA and each other
7. Quarterly social online gatherings where we get to know our teammates personally.
Our CEO Miruna Sasu lives our company values every day. As someone who immigrated to the US as a child and a working mother, she is a fierce advocate for inclusion in the workplace. She ensures that all voices have a platform at COTA and invites team members of all levels, backgrounds, and identities to have a seat at the table. She has pushed COTA to find innovative ways to do more with less and she isn’t afraid to dig in and do her part. She is a silo slayer and encourages collaboration across the company driven by her belief that good people make great teams and great teams make excellent companies.
Based on what matters to our team, we have implemented and expanded our benefits package and perks to include:
1. Great people
2. Medical / dental / vision
3. 401k with generous company match
4. Quarterly companywide wellness days (company closes for business)
5. Half-day Fridays
6. Week-long closure at the end of the year
7. In-person company conference in New York City
8. Unlimited vacation policy
9. Paid sick days
10. Annual bonus
11. Ownership in the company
12. 12 paid holidays per year
13. Paid parental leave
14. Educational lunch & learns
… and much more!
COTA tells the stories of cancer patients and patient populations through high-quality real-world data (RWD). COTA’s RWD, oncological expertise, advanced analytics, and AI capabilities help life sciences companies, healthcare providers, and regulators unlock more precise diagnostic and therapeutic insights for patients in need of life-changing and life-saving care.
200 Varick St, Suite 503, New York, NY
Hospital & Health Care
0 - 1000