We are intentional about creating opportunities to collaborate, in meaningful ways:
• City Forums – geographically placed businesses gather
• Vertical calls
• Daily Team pulses
• Monthly Coffee lounges
• Big Huddle – an annual gathering
• Common Threads Impact Council – a group representing diverse business areas, focused on sharing ideas to advance key initiatives
• Culture Council – brings together diverse voices to translate ideas into tangible activities and programs to enhance our experience
HQ office spaces are designed to be open. Flexible workspaces (patio, the pit, pocket rooms) enable Team Members to gather outside of their desk. Fewer private offices inspire collaboration.
Event Network is rooted in our “for purpose, on purpose” mission, inspiring guests to become responsible stewards of the planet, and to support special institutions that contribute to society.
Event Network draws inspiration by looking to our ‘common thread’: We as human beings are connected by our shared planet and humanity, and our actions toward the earth and each other have a lasting impact on future generations. This guiding principle informs decisions across the company.
Every team member is encouraged to work toward a personal ‘BHAG’ – Big, Hairy, Audacious Goal Steady focus adds up to huge impact.
People Spotlights highlight individuals from every corner of the business. Featured in our Community Connection monthly newsletters, and across our social media channels, they celebrate individual voices and contributions.
Quarterly connections and 1:1 conversations routinely take in feedback and provide support.
Anonymous survey platform and “Suggestion Box” invites comments, questions and suggestions.
Coffee Lounges bring the company together to share companywide updates. Team members volunteer to share personal stories or points of view about a current topic. Personal narratives help us gain a better understanding of a culture or experience, such as Hispanic Heritage, Women’s History, or holiday.
The idea of continuous learning/improvement is deeply embedded in Event Network’s culture. We provide on-going training in the forms of monthly calls, our annual “Big Huddle” (companywide gathering), “lunch-n-learns”, incentivized training programs and online courses through Event Network University. Event Network University online courses cover a range of professional development topics, from enhancing guest service and leadership skills to general technology. Courses are available to all team members and can be accessed at any time via online or mobile.
One-on-one ‘Quarterly Coaching Connection’ check-ins offer ongoing support between Team Members and their managers to help achieve personal and professional goals.
GUSTO is our acronym that represents our value alignment and guides how we behave.
Going Forward with Courage
Uncompromising Integrity and Trust
Striving to Surpass All Expectations
Total Commitment to Purpose and Store Quality
Our Team, Planet, Guests, and Partners First
Culture is integral in our hiring practices. We stand so firmly in our values, that our commitment to the GUSTO ideas and values are introduced during the interview process prior to hiring. The tenets are shared widely across the organization and are also used to help evaluate performance.
• Employee Assistance Program
• Online Wellness Programs with fun & friendly competitions
• Store Support Center Fitness Center
• Store Support Center Relaxation Area
• Store Support Center Gardening Plots
• Bi-weekly Connect & Learns focused on mental wellness
TEAM MEMBER DISCOUNTS
• Fabulous employee discount which can be used to purchase merchandise at our stores
• Discounts to Theme Parks and other services
• On-Demand Pay
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Life and AD&D Insurance
• Health & Dependent Care, Transportation FSA
• Long-Term Disability
WE SEE YOU
• In Store HERO recognition program
• Inclusive holidays and celebrations
Larry Gilbert, founder and CEO, walks the talk. Easily the most accessible and approachable leader, he is also the most transparent. During COVID, when all of our retail locations were closed within days, Larry assembled the company, communicated plans with sensitivity and strength, expressed personal fears and showed vulnerability, and truly lived our values in “Going forward with courage.” The company followed suite, and we stand proud today because of his values. Larry repeatedly earns our trust, and it is clear that he views his role as being in service to the team, not the other way around.
• Robust Health Benefits, available for full time and part-time team members
• Healthcare premium deductions with wellness program participation
• Awesome locations to work in – the country’s best museums, zoos, aquariums, landmarks
• Profit sharing
• Discretionary bonuses
• IMPACT Council to support sustainability and conservation initiatives
• Annual Company Conference – all team members are invited and travel to an offsite “Huddle” event (San Diego, October 2023)
• HQ: Gorgeous LEED-certified offices with stocked kitchen, and regular catered lunches to celebrate occasions
• Focus on mental health with ‘Connect and Learns’
• Flexible work from home day for corporate offices
• All PPE and safety protocols in place, masks available to all
• All equipment (monitors, chairs, desks – whatever you need!) is available to bring home during covid work from home days
• Increased virtual gatherings for connection
• Paid health insurance for all team members and their dependents during COVID
Event Network is the leading operator of experiential retail in the United States. We design, build, merchandise, staff and operate beautiful gift shops and dynamic webstores on behalf of and in partnership with world-class cultural destinations. Our venues include zoos, aquariums, museums, science centers, botanical gardens, traveling exhibitions and other highly regarded cultural and iconic destinations, collectively serving 70 million visitors a year. We advance our partners’ missions and brands, a large percentage of which are non-profit organizations. Proceeds from sales help support their important programs and work.
9606 Aero Dr. Ste 1000
San Diego, CA
0 - 1000