Unifying behind our shared purpose: Creating a future worth living for patients. Worldwide. Every day. Our people join forces to accomplish more than what is possible individually because they understand that the work they do here has a direct impact on people’s lives. Our people are engaged in important work, where they can achieve, grow, discover purpose, and connect with others.
We have a clear mission: To deliver superior care that improves the quality of life of every patient, every day, setting the standard by which others in the healthcare industry are judged. Our employees rally around our mission by putting our patients and partners first and consistently delivering exceptional service focused on empathy, compassion, and respect.
Creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture. We’ve built a nurturing environment that welcomes different races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, gender identities, abilities, ages, religions/spiritualities, nationalities, and socioeconomic statuses. From advancing policies and programs that encourage inclusivity and belonging, to endorsing a diverse and growing range of employee resource groups (ERGs), we’re creating a workplace that helps us meet new challenges, provides a broader view of the world, and enables us to deliver the best possible care to all patients.
Investing in and supporting our employees so they can thrive at work and at home.
• We offer an in-house learning and professional development Academy, where nearly 17,000 employees participated in self-directed trainings on digital platforms last year.
• We were the first dialysis provider to establish a professional development program for registered nurses, providing a standardized pathway to guide them into advancing their nephrology career.
• Our partnership with the National Association of Nephrology Technicians supports education and career development for our 21,000 Technicians. They receive discounts on annual membership and attendance at the industry conference.
• Our Tuition Reimbursement Program helps technicians launch a nursing career by reimbursing their nursing school classes and providing schedule flexibility.
We have Core Values that guide us in our daily work as we strive to achieve our purpose together. None of us does it alone. Our team is built on trust, empathy, and passion. It means always being ready to lend a helping hand. Here, we are constantly moving, collaborating, and learning. It’s how, no matter what, we’re able to offer the highest level of care to our patients.
Grounded in our culture of caring. In return for all that our people do, we provide them with a wide range of Total Rewards offerings, focused on supporting their overall well-being – including beneﬁts and programs that support their health, wealth, career, and life. One example is our CARES Fund, where we provide financial assistance to employees impacted by unforeseen disaster or hardship.
Our people love it here because we foster a safe, welcome, diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. And they know their work with us matters. The contributions they make will help people live longer, better, and healthier lives.
Elevating the prominence of our mission and values. CEO Bill Valle carries a mission and values wallet card so that they consistently guide his decision-making. Those cards are distributed to every employee when they join us.
Bill also delivers a weekly message that frequently touches upon our shared values, positioning them at the center of everything we do.
Bill also introduced Leading with Values training that develops a servant leader approach among all leaders. Our next evolution of the training has Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at the forefront to ensure every employee has a seat at the table, and they have permission to bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
Affordable benefits, including:
• $10 per paycheck medical option
• Free behavioral healthcare access
• Free financial counseling
• Free Legal advice/Will planning
• Reimbursements for gyms, weight loss, mindfulness apps
Flexible benefits, including:
• Virtual counseling/therapy, including text therapy
• Digital cognitive behavioral therapy
• Free physical therapy from home
• Caregiving options for all (elders, kids, pets)
• Online weight management with coaching
Inclusive benefits, including:
• Fertility and family building support
• Gender affirming care, including gender reversal and egg preservation
• Additional offerings for cancer and hearing impaired
• Paid caregiver leave
• Employee Resource Groups
• Six-week paid leave for organ donors
And 20,000 employees use Rally, our digital wellness experience.
We are a team of more than 70,000 with one guiding principle: patients first. This promise starts with providing the most comprehensive care for people living with chronic kidney disease and extends to innovative solutions that are redefining healthcare and setting the industry standard. From evolving home dialysis and patient education programs to improving patient care to providing world-class research and data-driven insights, our vertically integrated network tirelessly seeks new ways to improve the quality of our patients’ lives. We believe each of us can make an impact – and together we can change an industry. That’s Together Ahead.
920 Winter Street, Waltham, MA
Hospital & Health Care