A key component of our EVP is to bring people together to solve challenges. Our culture is more informal, creative and collaborative, and that’s how we find innovative solutions together. We strive to ensure our people are included and valued, and that their unique background and perspective is only ever seen as a strength. Some of the ways we achieve this are:
1) SMILE: SMILE (Simply More Impact Less Effort) is a company-wide programme designed make it easier to get things done, drive improvements and remove process roadblocks. It is a structured, systematic way to bring people together to develop rapid, lasting improvements in our existing processes.
2) Skill Share 2.0 is a learning experiment aimed at enabling people from all areas of IG to learn from the experience and expertise of others. By doing that we are bringing learning to our everyday life. The programme also works as a useful networking opportunity, allowing colleagues to meet new people and enable the kind of creative thinking that comes from sharing ideas, experience and cross-divisional conversations.
3) International and cross-functional cooperation: Our people collaborate within international and cross functional teams to develop new solutions. This is a way of working embedded in our culture.
4) Global Onboarding Programme: The Global Onboarding Programme is intended to provide all new starters with a comprehensive knowledge of IG, our business and our people. The three-month programme is additional to local onboarding activity that is carried out in each office. Its aim is to broaden the learning experience and create a useful communications channel between new hires, senior leaders and global peers.
Collaboration across IG is facilitated through a range of other initiatives including: International opportunities, Employee Networks (Open, Inspire, PACT, Black Network), social events, belonging series, charity participation events (e.g. Run the river), brighter future fund & community grants including volunteering events.
We are a purpose led company - we are powering the pursuit of financial freedom for the ambitious. Our purpose, values and strategic drivers give IG Group a clear steer on business development approach and enables our people understand their role in achieving strategic goals.
This purpose was communicated to all employees via a manager led cascade in 2021 and reiterated during a strategy roll-out in 2022. We continue to beat our financial targets, have doubled in size in just four years and continue to grow. This growth creates career defining opportunities for our people.
We also have a strong focus on ESG and sustainability – which led us to become a proud carbon-neutral business and directed our Brighter Future initiatives focused. We have always been committed to environmental and social responsibility. We channel 1% of our annual post tax profits into community outreach initiatives. This pledge is a combination of employee volunteering time and a substantial, annual, cash payment into our Brighter Future Fund - our vehicle for funding community outreach projects.
Employees have a voice at IG through several key initiatives including:
1) Employee elected People Forum which discusses topics that employees put forward with senior leaders and NEDs on a quarterly basis
2) Annual engagement survey which looks at employee sentiment and drives actionable insights year on year
3) Employee Networks - support the diverse needs and interests of our people, giving everyone a safe space to connect with like-minded colleagues across the globe, share experiences and contribute to charitable causes. To empower these initiatives, we have dedicated annual budgets and executive sponsorship, and our people get two additional days off during the year for voluntary work. Our networks include:
- IG Inspire: focuses on our women’s professional and personal development
- IG Open: supports our people who identify as LGBT+ and allies
- Black Network: facilitates a supportive, inclusive environment for our black employees
- PACT: creates a place for parents and carers to share advice and experiences
4) Active Social Committees across all major IG sites
Showing respect is a key component of our culture. Every year we measure our culture index which looks at the ways that IG employees would describe IG. We consistently see strong results in this (86% in 2022) with words like ‘client focused’, ‘collaborative’ and ‘constantly learning’ being used to describe IG. Our employees feel able to be themselves when they are at work (89%), and feel like they are treated with dignity and respect (91%)
IG is the place to define a career and be involved in game-changing work. We are a company that has bold ambition, diverse culture and growth potential to keep realising ambitions.
Whilst it is the work itself that provides the greatest level of stretch and development, we also have several initiates to support professional development including:
- LinkedIn learning
- Coursera access (Tech)
- Gartner access (HR)
- Mentoring programmes
- Learning & Careers Hub
- International assignments and relocation opportunities
- Exec coaches
- LEAD Programme
- Graduate Programme
- Tech talks
- Global onboarding programme
- License to Hire
We have three core values which underpin our purpose and give direction to our strategy. They are the core of every initiative we deliver and shape our interactions with our clients, our shareholders and our own people.
1) Champion the client
2) Learn fast together
3) Raise the bar
These values are embedded throughout the employee experience and are promoted through hiring, induction, and our recognition scheme (Spotlight) which praises employees who have gone above and beyond to drive these values forward in the work that they do.
Following a company wide survey, enabling our staff to have their say, our #bestofbothworlds hybrid model was developed, to enable our people to enjoy the flexibility and benefits of working remotely and in the office.
In the office we offer a range of environments, to facilitate both quiet, focused work and collaboration, and plan further enhancements to create an inspiring experience.
Whilst in the office our people can enjoy a variety of social activities
- Monthly hub drinks for all
- Inspirational speakers and skill sharing events
- International celebrations - Womens day, Christmas, Diwali, Eid
- Onboarding days and welcome lunches for new starters
- Celebration of sporting events
June Felix does not settle for the status quo, but continually raises the bar in thinking about how we can improve the experience of our clients and our employees. She champions the people agenda, is very visible across the business and seeks opportunities to interact at every level from employees to clients and investors. She maintains regular direct contact with all IG offices. Whether in person or virtually, June takes every opportunity to listen to colleagues and provide space to share ideas, embracing our value to learn fast together. Through her commitment to unlocking potential, she is actively involved in improving DE&I and mentoring not just internally at IG but also externally in her work with industry think tanks and charities.
Our bonus is designed to allow employees to share in the success of the company as well recognising great individual performance. Whilst this approach might not be unique to IG we think it is a great tool to help motivate and reward staff for all their hard work.
Our benefits in the UK are quite unique in the market as we offer real flexibility by providing all employees with a 12% benefits allowance which they have almost complete flexibility over. They can choose how the benefits allowance is spent from a wide range of benefits like buying extra holiday or travel insurance and if they decide not to spend it all they can take the remainder as cash.
In 1974, we emerged at the forefront of trading innovation – we were fueled by ambition, learned fast together and put the client experience at the center of everything we did.
Today, we're a global fintech company with that same founder spirit and ambition to grow. Our trading platforms provides access to markets like FTSE, Nasdaq, DAX and Dow – everyone can trade shares, commodities, foreign exchange or cryptocurrency.
Our business now incorporates the IG, tastylive, IG Prime, Spectrum and DailyFX brands, with a presence in 20 countries across five continents.
London, United Kingdom
1001 - 10000