We work safely and reliably to serve the community and we are promoters of projects that give concrete answers for a more sustainable environment, for our community and future generations, always having clear our role as promoters of the energy transition, ensuring flexibility to the energy system and distributing gas from renewable sources. This is a great challenge, which we could not face without people who work with us every day. We have been providing energy services to the community with efficiency, safety and excellence for 185 years. We foster the energy transition by building the grids of the future and developing innovative and sustainable solutions.
We work to promote the economic and social development of the country with the aim of contributing to the achievement of the United Nations 2030 Agenda’s sustainable development goals, the so-called SDGs. The challenges to which we want to make a positive contribution are:
• Promoting the energy transition: promoting the fundamental role of natural gas in the energy transition process towards a decarbonised, circular economy.
• Digital transformation at the service of energy transition: contributing to the development of renewable gases such as biomethane and hydrogen, through digitised networks.
• We contribute to a sustainable environment: ensuring and improving service quality, helping create sustainable and smart cities and generating long-term value for customers, the market, the local area and all its stakeholders, while respecting the environment.
People Pulse: Every year, employees complete an internal engagement survey, an initiative to listen to all Group employees. The survey, made up of closed questions and open questions, is based on the Sustainable Engagement model and was carried out with the support of an external provider. The survey aims to collect employee insights and opinions on all corporate macro-issues to identify strengths and areas for improvement on which to focus for any future initiatives.
Diversity & Inclusion survey: it’s a questionnaire designed by our ambassadors which aims to monitor a fundamental value in the culture of our Group. The integration of cultural diversities represents one of the challenges of our society.
We promote the growth of people and value talent, building inclusive and stimulating work environment.
Personal Goals: Wellgas is an Italgas initiative aimed at improving the quality of life of its people by supporting them in finding the right balance between private life and working life, creating a lively and active community
Professional Goals: People are evaluated every year on performance and leadership, according to our model. Managers have the possibility to assign hard and soft skills training courses as a development opportunity for all employees.
Digitisation and innovation; inclusion and diversity. These are the cardinal principles that guide our actions and enable us to lead Italy towards the energy transition.
The true value of the Group is the diversity of our people who, with their individual values and experiences, contribute to the growth of each of us. Italgas reaffirms its attention to people and its commitment to gender equality and diversity issues, renewing the collaboration with associations such as Valore D and STEM by Women. To having joined to the Manifesto for Female Employment, in recent years Italgas’commitment has resulted in the hiring about 500 young people in the last 4 years, of which almost 45% are women, in the technical / operational areas (engineering, design, investments, technical offices and plants). As for the hiring of recent graduates, over 52% of the new profiles are represented by female professionals. During 2020, various initiatives were carried out in Southern Italy to enhance the female component. For this category, apprenticeship contracts went from 0 in 2018 to 19 in 2020. By 2023 we aim to increase gender representation to 25% female managers.
Our people are the actors of the digital transformation process that the Group has been undertaking for more than two years. To support this process, we have recently developed our Cultural Change Plan, which starts from the Digital Factory, our laboratory of ideas and innovation.
• Mille Volti di Italgas: a company changes, grows and transforms. New markets, innovative business, cutting-edge technological and digital solutions: Italgas is in continuous renewal, a Group with 185 years of history and the soul of a start-up. “Mille Volti di Italgas” is a project which wants to tell this constant evolution through who is the real protagonist: our people
• Italgas Out of Office: the eight-stop tour dedicated to sport and sharing that accompanied our employees in some cities that host the group’s offices. Alternating sports exercises with games, colleagues had the opportunity to discover a new concept of “teamwork” that goes beyond the desks. All accompanied by good music! Italgas’ commitment to guaranteeing the well-being of its people is also expressed in activities such as these, which combine healthy physical exercise and mental relaxation.
Our CEO is the one who, in line with our leadership model, identifies and pursues the key objective of the company, formulating a strategic plan for growth.
Our Leadership model is based on 3 pillars which form the basis of the Italgas Group’s culture: Excellence; People; Innovation.
He takes care of people and invest in their talents, guided by our principles and acts through strategic behaviors that make possible to govern change to achieve the objectives of the strategic plan and the new Italgas identity.
“Today, most of the EU’s energy demand is already covered by gas, around 60%, making the system flexible in the face of demand that varies greatly from season to season. In the future, gas can support the process of phasing out coal. I expect gas to continue to play a major role in overall demand, considering the flexibility it offers in a scenario where we will increasingly use renewable energies.”
We value the performance of our people and encourage everyone’s well-being and passions.
Wellgas (Italgas Welfare) was born as part of Italgas initiatives aimed at improving the quality of life of its people by supporting them in finding the right balance between private life and working life, creating a lively and active community. In Italgas, professional and personal well-being is a corporate asset!
The services available, designed to meet the needs and requirements of employees, focus on:
• Family management;
• Income support;
• Health care and physical well-being;
• Free Time and Hobbies
Italgas is the leading Italian operator in gas distribution and the third in Europe. The DSO manages a distribution network that covers a total of more than 82,000 kilometres serving 8.3 million customers, and holding 2,039 concessions in Italy and Greece. It is also active in the energy efficiency, IT and water sectors.
Carlo Bo 11, Milan, 20143, ITALY
1001 - 10000