At nDreams we work with cutting-edge technology and are committed to developing the highest possible quality VR games. We encourage and foster a work environment that is transparent and fun with the aim of inspiring employees to be more productive, happier and, as a result, create much more successful projects. We work hard to ensure that all employees know that it is okay to make mistakes; it is all part of the learning and growing process. We encourage people to think outside of the box and take risks in order to make our games better.
Our Flex+ policy recently to empower our staff and give them a greater sense of responsibility, ownership, and control of their working life, with arrangements tailored to individuals rather than one-size-fits-all.
We continue to be incredibly proud of the people and the culture we have here at nDreams, with the team again proving consistently professional, supportive, encouraging and capable over the past twelve months. Our team is fresh from celebrating our achievements and bringing everyone together at our second nDreams Festival – a yearly employees-only event featuring top-tier speakers, entertainment and much merriment.
Not only is it an incredibly exciting time for both the VR gaming space and nDreams as a company, with $35 million investment providing the rocket fuel for our expansion plans and powering the development of even more ambitious VR games, but we continue to encourage healthy balance in all aspects of work and life at nDreams.
- Making accommodations for the needs of individual team members with working flexibility and understanding of neurodiversity.
- Providing a quiet place at our newly-refurbished studio for anyone who might need some time out, in the form of our wellbeing room. Equipped with sensory aids such as LEGO along with other light and sound-based stimuli, the room is also used for yoga (which can help with anxiety and wellbeing) and by mothers returning to work who may still be breastfeeding.
- Providing all new managers with unconscious bias training, coupled with specific policies to ensure objectivity.
- Hosting multiple ERGs (Employee Resource Groups) including LGBTea and Athena, a safe space for discussion between marginalised genders. Through quarterly diversity meetings, all staff are invited to have their ideas heard and inform future initiative and policies.
Hiring for attitude, not skillset. If we love the person, we will put them on an intense course to get their skillset matching their attitude. This also applies to lateral movements in the company. Quality education and training pipelines are delivered to all nDreams team members, with a personalised learning programme developed by dedicated Learning and Development professionals within nDreams, ensuring that everyone is given the tools and support to develop their skills and progress in their careers.
We want to excite players; to create games and experiences that raise the bar for what’s possible with virtual reality and help grow the market. Ultimately, however, we want to be at the forefront of defining the future of VR with a company that people are proud to say they work for, and one that gives every team member a balanced and fulfilling work life.
Just a handful of examples of how individual and collective success are recognised at nDreams include:
• Continual encouragement of peer recognition.
• Senior Management call out when a staff member has gone above and beyond, either on a 1-to-1 basis or more widely.
• Employees in-work and personal achievements are regularly celebrated in our fortnightly company newsletter.
• Team lunches, including to celebrate at the end of a project.
• Pizza lunches for all staff to celebrate development milestones/game announcements etc.
• Thank Crunchie It’s Friday – nominate someone that has gone that extra mile for you that week.
• Staff who have been with us for 5 years are given a long service award, for instance an experience voucher.
• Yearly nDreams Festival with exciting speakers, entertainment and treats across two packed days.
nDreams CEO Patrick O'Luanaigh has always been a forward-thinking leader. After nDreams started out with ambitious experiences for PlayStation Home – now described as an early ‘Metaverse’ – Patrick became enamored with the creative potential of virtual reality and pivoted to fully focus on this emerging space in 2013.
While competitors came and went, nDreams remained steadfastly dedicated to making the best possible VR games, never wavering in Patrick's conviction that this would ultimately develop into a major platform.
That belief is now being vindicated, not least with $35 million in investment. But crucially, Patrick has also placed great emphasis on building an empowered people team that instils a supportive, balanced culture.
• Core hours/flexible working/Flex+ Hybrid policy
• Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
• Death in service
• Private Medical Insurance/ Health Cash Plan
• Birthday Day off
• Duvet Days
• Level Up Learning and Development Days
• Free counselling available for all staff
• Well-being room in office
• Free fruit, tea and coffee
• Monthly Breakfast Butties
• Fortnightly soft & alcoholic drinks social
• Subsidised membership of BAFTA Crew for staff that wish to apply
• Time off to support various Games Ambassador education programmes and diversity in games events
• Games Room with Playstation 5, Xbox Series X, Table Tennis and Pool with unrestricted use (we believe creative ideas can come at any time!)
During the pandemic staff were able to take their equipment from the office if they did not have a suitable set up at home. This was either delivered personally or shipped via a courier. IT have worked consistently hard to ensure team members had access to VPN and the necessary software/hardware specific to VR development.
We have now adopted flexible hybrid working, along with two fully remote studios. We will continue to check employees are equipped to work safely and healthily at their preferred work location. Our Facilities Manager oversees all DSE workstation assessments including for remote work.
For those that are part-office part-remote, we have hot desks in the office that they can easily book, and IT provide them with the equipment to move easily back and forth.
nDreams is a world-leading VR game developer and publisher based in Farnborough, UK. We are the team behind hit titles including Phantom: Covert Ops, Far Cry: Dive Into Insanity and Fracked, as well as publishing innovative VR games developed by the brightest indie talents including Little Cities and the upcoming Sushi Ben.
Fully dedicated to VR games since 2013, no publisher has greater virtual reality experience and specialism.
With several exciting projects in development across our teams, including Ghostbusters VR and an unannounced, next-gen PlayStation VR2 title, there’s never been a better time to join this fast-growing publisher defining the present and future of VR games.
279 Farnborough Rd,
0 - 1000