Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide for building and using APIs. Postman was founded in 2014, and since then the company has scaled to over 400 global employees and recently raised $225 million in Series D funding at a $5.6 billion valuation to power the API-first world (see Postman’s new graphic novel, “The API-First World,” at https://api-first-world.com).
55 2nd Street, San Francisco, CA
0 - 1000
…ensuring that our remote-friendly and globally distributed workforce has the proper platforms to innovate together. As a company, we’ve also created formal communication and collaboration channels to provide transparency and share information through monthly all-hands meetings, weekly stand-ups, regular one-on-ones, and demo days.
…by design, Postman employees not only understand their own goals, but also the goals of their department, and the goals of the company. In quarterly all-hands meetings, the executive team shares details on how we’re doing and where we’re headed, which helps employees feel positive and empowered.
…building an inclusive environment for employees to voice opinions and thoughts on multiple forums and channels (e.g., employee resource groups). To supplement this, Postman also conducts anonymous quarterly pulse surveys and annual engagement surveys to seek ideas on how to improve.
…designing jobs that allow employees to learn and grow, providing internal and external learning opportunities, and allowing employees to explore other roles within the company. Plus, Postman regularly conducts a competency analysis for each position and works with employees to see what we can do to support their growth.
…the five Postman values (create with curiosity, earn trust, embrace constraints, win together, and own and deliver) were curated in partnership with employees; without that partnership and the alignment with the employees, the Postman leadership team felt that the values would not have the proper impact.
– An understanding of how their own work impacts the vision and mission of the company
– A flexible/autonomous workplace model where employees can work from anywhere
– Informal channels and team times for employees to network and have fun
– The ability to share their ideas via demo days and an internal “brainwaves” communication channel where any employee can share any idea
…living Postman’s five values (create with curiosity, earn trust, embrace constraints, win together, and own and deliver) on a daily basis, and continually referencing the values in internal communications and presentations so that employees know what he expects of himself and of every Postman team member.
• Wellness incentives (physical and mental well-being)
• Work-from-anywhere support
• Total Rewards framework (cash, equity, and employee development)
• Pay-for-performance philosophy
• Reading allowance (books and audiobooks)
• Global mobility
• Unlimited PTO
• Lunch stipend
Postman had a multi-pronged approach to assisting and accommodating our employees during COVID:
• We sponsored a vaccination drive in India
• We provided a special COVID benefit plan providing 3x annual CTC coverage and INR 1,00,00,000 free coverage limit
• We created a mental well-being package for employees and their parents to deal with COVID
• We encouraged employees to utilize Postman’s unlimited PTO during the pandemic to optimize their own well-being