Regularly giving and receiving feedback. This is an important facet at all levels of the business. Our executive Leadership Team also holds office hours where anyone and everyone can come to share their thoughts. We strongly encourage inter-team collaboration by having lunch together in our lovely penthouse kitchen, where you never know who you’ll be sitting next to or what you’ll be talking about during our lunch hour.
We are one of the only companies in our industry genuinely trying to shake things up with a core focus on the customer, giving them the best prices and products. We live by our new internal values which are helping to shape what it means to be a ‘Smarketeer’.
Holding office hours with Leadership Team members, inviting feedback in a public forum at Town Hall meetings with the entire company, and offering employees the chance to share their thoughts on work or life in general during ‘tete-a-tete’ meetings. A healthy appetite for debate is needed to work here!
Creating development plans for each employee, offering them a training and learning budget which they can use on courses, conferences, books, skillshares and much more.
We employ top talent who could work anywhere. This is a reflection of our winning mentality, we hire the best but we focus on people who want to make a difference and make others better. Everyone’s role is important and it doesn’t matter which team you are in or which level you are at, you push to win and be a pro.
- ‘Tete-a-tete’ meetings: weekly chats about mental health
- Manager academy: an emerging development programme for middle managers
- Exec mentoring: a pairing of new Team Leads with more experienced business leaders
- Working from anywhere 20 days a year
- A highly energised lunch hour with delicious food by our chefs, who are also employees
- A meditation room where you can sleep or relax
- A gym where you can work out
- Skillshares: where you can benefit from other people’s expertise such as media training
- D&I committee: where we ensure we are discussing important topics and creating an inclusive culture
- Expiration parties: where we come together to share how we did over the month and celebrate
Instilling those values from the top down and using them as a lens to make decisions big and small. Receiving feedback from employees and the exec team whether in public or private and admitting when something could have been done better.
The ability to spend up to 20 days a year working from anywhere in the world, while also enjoying a hybrid model for a mix of home and office work. Smarkets also provides (legendary) in-house food with three meals a day cooked by a team of chefs. Finally, employees receive comprehensive private health insurance, stock options, generous parental policies, pension contribution, sabbatical and more!
An allowance for work-from-home equipment, our work-from-anywhere policy for 20 days a year, and a new hybrid model so employees enjoy a mix of working from the office and home.
Smarkets is an award-winning, product-led, sports betting company headquartered in London that processes billions of pounds in traded volume each year.
We operate two main products – the Smarkets exchange, a sophisticated betting exchange and prediction market platform, and SBK, an app that delivers industry-disrupting odds by drawing prices from the exchange and presenting them in a sleek, sportsbook interface.
1 Commodity Quay
St Katharine Docks
0 - 1000